Call for volunteers - Be the best, be EVS (10 months)
CALL FOR EVS at ZAVOD NEFIKS 2017/2018
Project “Be the best, be EVS” (BeEVS)
About the organisation
Zavod Nefiks is a youth NGO based in Ljubljana, implementing activities throughout Slovenia.
Our main target group are young people aged 15 to 30 who need support with their career development (mostly high school and university students and young unemployed).
Most of the employees and volunteers at Zavod Nefiks are young people (under 30 years old).
The purpose of Zavod Nefiks is to assist young people and youth organizations with recording, presentation and promotion of skills and competences acquired through non-formal education. The organisation is committed to the implementation of career guidance for young people through most of its activities.
In order to achieve its aims and objectives Zavod Nefiks carries out various activities (to promote non-formal education) and organizes educational events (courses, seminars and workshops) in order to raise skills and promote employability and entrepreneurship among young people.
Some of these activities/projects are:
- Career clubs (workshops for high school students on career orientation and skills development led by trained peer counsellors; the clubs are being held in schools and youth centres all around Slovenia)
- Colleagues (project aimed at young unemployed women where each individual has an opportunity to meet and connect with a successful woman. She becomes her mentor – her colleague. The two meet on a regular basis and discuss the possibilities and appropriate approaches for reaching a career goal.),
- Employment Clubs for youth (groups of first-job-seekers that are looking for job opportunities; they have meetings on weekly basis, organize events and make career plans; the main goal of the activities is that participants find jobs.),
- International youth projects in the framework of Erasmus + and similar programmes (youth exchanges, training courses for youth leaders, strategic partnerships... aimed at improving the level of key competences and fostering active citizenship among youth),
- Language clubs (English, Spanish, Italian and other language clubs, where participants improve their language skills through conversation),
- Web portal www.talentiran.si (We keep track of all information regarding employment literacy in one place.) and many other activities.
We feel that EVS can be a great way to increase the employability of young people and make them more aware of the European reality in which we now live. That is why we want to host a volunteer also in our organisation. We are also sure that hosting volunteers will bring new knowledge and ideas to our own organisation and that we can offer a lot to them as well.
Tasks of the EVS volunteer
The role of the EVS volunteers in our organisation will be to help us promote EVS among young people and serve as a living example and role model to those who still need a bit of encouragement to take on this challenge.
Also the volunteer will have the possibility to get involved in as many of the above mentioned projects as he/she will be interested in and help us implement the day to day activities (organise career and employment clubs, prepare different workshops, promote activities, provide information to participants, work on international projects etc.).
As we think that EVS should also be a learning opportunity for the volunteer we will also support the initiatives brought forward by the volunteers themselves and help them carry out their own project idea. Together with the volunteer we will design the project according to the volunteer’s ideas and expectations.
The volunteers will work together with the staff and local volunteers in our office in Ljubljana and in the field (at events and visiting all our career/employment clubs and other activities that we run in different towns all over Slovenia).
As a volunteer in Zavod Nefiks your tasks will include:
- workshops for unemployed young people and students
- career orientation activities for young people (leading a career club for high school students together with a local volunteer)
- workshops on how to create a digital CV (infographics, videos etc.)
- promoting Erasmus + opportunities among young people
- promoting non-formal education among young people (helping with workshops, informing people at different events)
- leading a Spanish language club or another language club for young people (non-formal learning)
- help with creating promotional materials for activities (posters, leaflets)
- writing short articles for our website. Facebook and other social media
- writing a blog or making a video blog about your own EVS experience
- help with organising different events and projects
- developing and working on your own project
- attending weekly team meetings
All volunteers must attend the on-arrival and mid-term trainings organised by the slovenian National agency for Erasmus +. This trainings will happen in the first weeks of your projects and in the middle of the project. There you will meet other EVS volunteers that will be in Slovenia at the same time.
Weekly schedule of the volunteer
The volunteer will work approximately 35 hours per week (usually from Monday to Friday) and have 2 days free. Each month the volunteer will have 2 extra free days (vacation days).
The exact schedule will depend on the activities in which the volunteer will take part and will be determined by the volunteer and his/her coordinator at the beginning of the project. The schedule might change during the project. The volunteer will usually work from 9h or 10h in the morning until 17h or 18h with a lunch break in between (also depending on the activities of the day).
Here is a draft schedule for a “typical” week:
Part of the volunteers weekly activities will also be attending a slovenian language course (individual classes) and meeting with the mentor.
Food, travel, accommodation & pocket money
The volunteer will live in a shared apartment with other volunteers/students. He/she will have a private room. The apartment will be equipped with a kitchen, bathroom and all basic living necessities.
The volunteer will receive a monthly food allowance (approx. 150€) and pocket money (approx. 90€) according to the financial rules of the Erasmus + programme guide.
The programme covers also the travel costs from Spain to Slovenia and return (up to 275€ in total) and a medical insurance for the duration of the project.
If the apartment will be more than 2 km away from the office, the volunteer will receive also a bus card.
The organisation will also cover all travel expenses in Slovenia that will be related to the project activities.
Duration and start of the project
We are looking for a volunteer for 10 months. The project will start on the 1st of October 2017 and last until 31st of July 2018. The project funding was already approved by the Slovenian NA so the project will definitely happen.
The sending organisation in this project is Iniciativa Internacional Joven from Malaga (Spain). They will provide the volunteer with a pre-departure training and give support during and after the project.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at Zavod Nefiks, working on and learning about the career development projects for youth, please send us your CV with relevant experience and motivation letter (Why do you want to become a volunteer in our organisation?).
We are expecting your applications until 5th of August 2017 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Then we will read carefully your motivational letters and make a short list of candidates.
Before making the final decision we will have skype interviews with the selected candidates.
The skype interviews will be between 14th and 17th of August (if you are selected for the interviews we will send you an email a few days before to agree on a specific time).
European Voluntary Service is part of the European Union's Erasmus+ programme.